With an increase in the quality of cameras on Smartphones and the internal storage capacity. Such devices are the best ways to take pictures and the easiest way to store them.
However, there can be times when something goes wrong, and you find you have lost all your stuff off your Samsung; recover deleted photos isn’t something you know how to do.
Luckily, there are several ways how to recover deleted photos from Samsung phone. The methods here can be used to recover deleted photos of nearly all Samsung phones, including Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus, S10, Note 10 Plus, Note 10, S10e, Note 9, S9 Plus, Fold other Samsung devices.
By the end of this guide, you can learn all the ways possible to get deleted videos and photos back on your Galaxy phone. (Learn How to Recover Deleted Photos on iPhone)
Can Photos Deleted from Gallery Be Recovered?
A new Samsung Galaxy Phone may come with a whopping 64 GB of onboard storage. It may be small for some, yet it can hold hundreds of images.
SD card storage. If your phone can hold an SD Card, you find these different sizes and what some users use to transfer images to computers.
However, even with masses of storage space, it is possible to find you have data loss.
To recover deleted photos from Samsung Galaxy phone, the picture file storage location needs to be determined, and then you need a data recovery software.
To recover deleted photos from your Samsung phone, you need to find out which method will be the best. You can use photo recovery software. You can find several data recovery options available such as Recoverit Photo Recovery software or Disk Drill, or DiskDigger.
All these are ideal for when you are recovering photos from your SD Card. You can connect to your computer via USB cable if you don’t want to use a card reader.
You can often find this software comes in Windows and Mac versions. The procedure will be similar between the two desktops.
- Select Your SD Card with the recovery tool
- You need to confirm if the SD card is connected to the computer and is recognized.
- You may see many hard drives displayed. Select the SD card inside the photo recovery/ data recovery software from your Samsung phone, which initially stored your gallery photos.
- Hit the “Start” button.
The software will scan the entire contents of your SD card rather than phone memory.
Once finished, you can retrieve deleted photos on Samsung that aren’t corrupted. You can preview photos and videos from your gallery. Once you find what you want to recover, click “Recover” button to save files.
How Do I Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from Android?
1. Restore Deleted Photos on Samsung via Samsung Cloud
Your first step is trying to restore deleted files using Samsung Cloud.
It can be generalized by going to any backup and restoring photos, yet there is a detailed step-by-step process of how to recover deleted photos from Samsung.
- Visit the Samsung Galaxy photo gallery on your device.
- Inside the gallery, tap on the 3-dot menu icon. Select “Settings”
- Tap on “Cloud Recycle bin.”
- Any deleted photos show here, and to retrieve them, select ones you want to restore. Once you select the photos you want, hit “Restore.”
- It would help if you had your phone gallery and internal memory in sync with Samsung Cloud so multimedia files will be saved to the Cloud.
One issue here is that this method won’t let your get back photos after 15 days of deletion. Files saved on the Cloud recycle bin will be lost data and permanently deleted after 15 days.
2. Recover Deleted Photos on Samsung via Google Photo’s
For this to work, you do need to be actively using the Google photos service. Here’s both sets of steps you can follow to save and to recover pictures from Samsung phones.
Configure Google Photos backups
- Log in to your Google Account.
- Head to Settings, then Google, on your device.
- Tap on Back Up, and sync then tap on “Done” to confirm
This backs up photos and videos to Google Drive on your Samsung Phone.
Deleted photos on the Google Photos section of the Drive are only stored for 60 days before permanently deleted.
Retrieving Deleted Photos on Samsung Galaxy
If you use Google Drive Back-Up for your pictures, here’s how to recover pictures from a Samsung Android phone.
- Open Google Photos or Photos app on a Samsung device.
- Tap on the drawer icon-three parallel dashes- to the top left of the app.
- Select trash and preview files.
- After selecting the photos, you want to restore, hit “Restore” and get them back on your device.
Can I Retrieve Deleted Photos on Samsung?
Here you can find a few tips on how to get back your photos from Samsung Galaxy.
- Anyone can get accidentally deleted photos on a Samsung Galaxy. You will need to take care with any steps you take.
- Don’t write to the SD Card photo loss occurred.
- You can scan the SD Card for corruption to help recover deleted pictures.
- Be specific; any methods you use won’t completely remove deleted pictures and make it impossible to recover deleted pictures due to your Samsung Galaxy phone.
One thing often an oversight when people use these cloud backup services is the transferring of the pictures. Problems can come way before you need to recover the deleted photos if you don’t have a secure connection. (Read Can Your Phone Provider See Your Internet History)
It can take a long time to recover photos, and should the connection be hacked; anyone can access your pictures. While they can’t necessarily get into your internal memory on your Samsung Galaxy phone, they can see what you connect to.
A VPN can encrypt your connections, and thus as you get your picture back from a cloud backup, no one can see what you are doing or the contents of your pictures.
You can use these to transfer any data on any Android device and not just your Samsung Galaxy phone. (Find the Fastest VPN in Australia)