Hulu is among the top streaming platforms inside the US that offer great shows in their entirety, such as the comedy Modern Family and the Handmaid’s Tale. It has a substantial content library and watching Hulu can be a great experience.
However, if you ask does Hulu work in Australia, you’ll find you can’t watch Hulu in Australia, or you can’t unless you use a VPN.
Unfortunately, not every VPN can bypass restrictions and deliver a great streaming experience to Australia.
In our guide, we show you how to access Hulu, plus we show you three of the best VPNs to obtain access to this great streaming platform.
- ExpressVPN – Watch Hulu with superfast speeds and the most reliable and secure connection.
- NordVPN – With privacy a major focus this VPN will keep you safe while you enjoy Hulu
- SurfShark – Best value for money and super fast, what’s there to lose
- VyprVPN – Lots of servers to ensure you always unblock Hulu in Australia
By the end of this guide, you’ll see how easy it can be to access Hulu plus get around the payment issue that catches some users out.
How to Get Hulu in Australia (Quick Guide)
- Subscribe and download a premium service streaming VPN service which has a 30-day money-back guarantee to try risk-free
- Open the virtual private network app and sign in with your details
- Connect to a US-based server from the list
- Navigate to the Hulu website or Hulu app and then sign-up and then sign in to your Hulu account
- How to Get Hulu in Australia (Quick Guide)
- Best VPNs for Hulu in Australia (Working in 2022)
- How to Watch Hulu in Australia (Complete Guide)
- Best Movies and Shows on Hulu
- And Finally…
- Related Posts
Best VPNs for Hulu in Australia (Working in 2022)
ExpressVPN offers VPN software for a wide range of devices such as Windows, Linux, macOS, Android TV, Apple devices, and mobile devices. ExpressVPN has over 3,000 server locations in over 94 countries. (Read our ExpressVPN Reviews Australia)
You can get the firmware for routers, which offers unlimited simultaneous connections rather than the 5 simultaneous connections you get as standard.
For any devices that don’t have apps, you can use the ExpressVPN Media Streamer DNS service. With this, you can watch Hulu shows and movies on Apple TV, Xbox One, or Smart TV, once you pass the geo-restrictions and get Hulu in Australia.
ExpressVPN will mask the IP address and access streaming services such as watching Hulu in Australia straightforward. ExpressVPN offers many security features for privacy, such as the kill switch (Network Lock), IP and DNS leak protection, split tunnelling, and the zero-logging policy the company sticks to.
New subscribers can use the 30-day money-back guarantee, which is risk-free so that you can test all the features and performance. You also have payment methods to cover all options from credit card, PayPal or crypto to remain anonymous and others.
NordVPN offers vast security levels and is also a great solution for how to watch Hulu in Australia. (Read our NordVPN Reviews Australia)
You can use apps for six devices simultaneously, and it covers most major platforms, like Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android. You can test all the VPN offers using the 30-day money-back guarantee, so long as you cancel before the end of the month.
If you get stuck, the company has live chat support or the knowledge base on the website.
The VPN provider has multiple streaming servers, and it can use most of these to unblock geo-restrictions to stream Hulu and other streaming services like Netflix, SlingTV, BBC iPlayer, and more. (Learn How to Watch US Netflix in Australia)
The server network is extensive, with over 5000 server locations available worldwide, so watching Hulu Australia shouldn’t be an issue.
The VPN uses the SmartPlay mode, which mixes VPN and DNS technologies’ best features, making streaming flexible, safer, and worry-free.
NordVPN has a zero logs policy, uses military-grade encryption, IP leak protection, Cybersec ad-blocker, and has malware protection to back up the kill switch.
3. Private Internet Access
Private Internet Access VPN is among the oldest and well-known VPNs. Many features are similar across the apps apart from the iOS app, lacking the MACE ad-blocking features.
Users can have 10 simultaneous connections and make use of the 29874+ servers in 77 countries. The apps are easy to use, and it can keep you safe from ads and malware when using the MACE feature. (Read our PIA VPN Review)
Internet connection speeds are decent enough, so your streaming device won’t buffer.
It used to have issues with some streaming services, yet these are resolved, and it does a good job of bypassing geo-restrictions and is good enough to get Hulu in Australia.
How to Watch Hulu in Australia (Complete Guide)
Hulu offers three plans as standard to subscribers.
- Ad-supported plan, which costs $5.99 per month
- No ads plan, which costs $11.99 per month
- Hulu Live TV plan, which costs $64.99 per month (you can pay more for no ads)
The “Ad-supported” plan and the “No ads” offers a one-month free trial.
Hulu Live TV” sadly only offers a 7-day free trial.
One of the standout features of Hulu is the number of devices it supports.
- Android phones and tablets, Android TV, Apple TV
- Chromecast, Fire Tablets
- iPhones and iPads, and other mobile devices
- LG Smart TV and Samsung Smart TV
- Mac and PC browsers
- Xbox One gaming console
- Roku and Roku Stick
Once you access Hulu in Australia, you’ll be able to access all the latest episodes the day after they air in the majority of cases. The streaming platform also lets you have up to 6 user profiles for all the family, and you can watch on 2-screens at once on the lower plans without live TV.
It is also possible to have addons to get Hulu plus the following add-ons: Showtime, HBO Max, Starz, and Cinemax, although there is an additional cost.
Hulu with Live TV offers:
Unlimited Screens for more people watching HD content on Hulu plus enhanced cloud DVR.
Here you can find the easy-to-follow steps of how to watch Hulu in Australia:
Subscribe and download one of the recommended streaming VPN services and use the 30-day money-back guarantee to test it without risk.
Open your VPN app and sign in with your account details. (Learn How to Watch Seinfeld Online)
Connect to a US-based server from the list
Navigate to the Hulu website or Hulu app and either carry out the sign-up procedure or log in to your Hulu account if you have already signed up.
When you ask can you get Hulu in Australia, there is a hurdle you need to get over. It is when you come to pay, you can find an issue.
Your VPN will hide your IP address and give you an American IP address, and you’ll find this is the easiest part of the process.
When you pay for Hulu, Australia can be tricky, or that’s the way it looks, to begin with. (Read CBS Live Stream)
Here are the best ways you get to bypass this awkward payment problem. Hulu can be tough to crack, yet it isn’t impossible.
Use A Friend or Family in the US to Access Hulu
If you know anyone in the US, then you will find you are fortunate. It means they can either set up the account for you or need their card details and postal address.
- Log into your VPN and select a US server
- Head to the Hulu homepage
- Click “Start your free trial.”
- On the Choose Your Plan page, pick your plan and any add-ons
- Next, enter your email address, password, name, birth date, and gender. Click “Continue.”
- Next, you will need to add the billing info. Add your friend’s credit card details.
- Hulu will ask for a zip code. Make sure this is from the US and not in Australia.
- Click “Submit” and enable your Hulu account.
If you consider using a virtual credit card from Australia, Hulu doesn’t accept these as other platforms do.
Sign Up for Hulu Using Gift Cards
For most individuals, this is the only solution. First, you need to be sure you’re connected to a US server and have your Gift Card number ready.
You can find these cards available in values of $25 or $50. They are available online from Mygiftcardsupply.com, or if you are paying with PayPal, you can purchase them directly from PayPal.
Online retailers will charge you a little extra on top. Select your gift cards supplier, and you will get the code in your email.
- Navigate to secure.hulu.com/start/gifting. You will find this is the gift card redemption page.
- Enter the gift card code in the box on the screen
- Click on “Redeem”
- Now, you will be redirected to the Select Plan page.
- Select a plan suitable for your gift card value
- Enter your details with a US postal code, and click “Create.”
- Finally, confirm your plan information, and click “Submit.”
Once your card has been accepted, you can now stream Hulu in Australia and watch the best TV shows using your premium VPN service. remember, Hulu Zip Code is in the US and not one available in Australia. (Read Top Movies On Stan)
Best Movies and Shows on Hulu
Hulu has a great deal of content from over 65 TV networks from the United States. Sample channels are
- A&E, ABC, ACC Network, Animal Planet
- Bravo, Cartoon Network & Adult Swim
- CBS, CBS Sports, CNBC, CNN
- Discovery Channel, Disney Channel/ DIY network,
- ESPN/2, Food Network, FOX, FS1/2, FX/ FXM/ FXX
- History, National Geographic
- SEC Network, SYFY, TBS/ TCM, The CW, USA Network, Viceland
You can also watch regular Hulu plus addons such as the Entertainment addon that offers a range of extra channels such as:
- American Heroes Channel
- CNBC World, Cooking Channel, Crime + Investigation
- Destination America
- Discovery Family, Discovery Life
- DIY, Great American Country
- Military History Channel & Science
You can further expand your viewing opportunities with other great add-ons. Here are some of the current best TV shows and movies you can watch on Hulu right now.
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol
- Palm Springs
- The Nice Guys
- Gone Girl
- The Painter and the Thief
- The Truman Show
- The Firm
- Sorry to Bother You
- Support the Girls
- Fighting with My Family
- Professor Marston and the Wonder Women
- The Cabin in the Woods
- District 9
- The Nightingale
Best TV Shows
- Pawn Stars
- The Handmaid’s Tale
- The Hardy Boys
- The X-Files
- Grey’s Anatomy
- American Horror Story
- Killing Eve
- Rick and Morty
- Sons of Anarchy
- Veronica Mars
- Key & Peele
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- Adventure Time
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Broad City
- Samurai Champloo
- FireflyCowboy Bebop
- Star Trek: The Original Series
- Castle Rock
- Twin Peaks
Exclusive VPNStreamer Offer – SAVE 49%
30-Day Money-back Guarantee
Is Hulu available in Australia?
Unfortunately, you can’t access Hulu in Australia or any other country besides the United States.
Can Hulu be watched outside US?
You can’t watch Hulu outside the US direct. It would help if you used VPN software to trick the Hulu streaming platform you live in the USA.
Is Stan the same as Hulu?
Hulu is an on-demand and live-TV subscription-based streaming service. It operates similar to Stan and Netflix; however, it enables users to have early access to the newest episodes of their favourite cable network TV shows and movies. (Read CNN Live Stream)
Why is Hulu not available in Australia?
Hulu, the American streaming service, is only available for US residents. Much of the content falls under broadcasting rights, copyright and geo-restrictions for multiple reasons.
Is Hulu better than Netflix?
Netflix has the widest selection of movies and television shows that are more dated. Hulu offers current TV shows from the top TV channels right after they air. The base plan of Hulu comes with ads, while Netflix offers an ad-free experience.
How much does Hulu cost?
Hulu costs $5.99/ month, $11.99/ month, Hulu with Live TV costs $64.99/ month.
Not every streaming service is worth the effort of going through the tricky payment procedure. However, Hulu offers such a great wealth of content from the number of networks it has access to and the Hulu Originals that rival those television shows that rival those of Netflix.
Once you test the best VPN in Australia, you can open up, find that to unblock Hulu in Australia is no harder than watching any other streaming platform when you use the top VPN for the job.