Although Snapchat is hugely popular social media, there are many people jumping ship to other platforms. The lure of goofy pictures has seen its best days, and the sound of photos disappearing after a short time appealed to many.
Many users found out the internal app named ‘SnapLion,’ which the staff could use to access user personal data. Either they could present user activity if there were legal requests or use it for their amusement or benefit.
Because of this and others, you can use this guide and learn how to delete your internet presence and delete your Snapchat account.
Will Deleting the Snapchat App Delete My Account?
If you think that if you delete the Snapchat app will delete your Snapchat account and close your account, it doesn’t.
You can uninstall the app in the same way as any other app, and your account will still be there for you to log back into. Make sure; if you want to delete your Snapchat account, you go through the correct steps.
How Do I Delete My Snapchat 2021?
Here is the best way for deleting Snapchat account, and it still gives you a chance to change your mind. Here’s how to deactivate Snapchat account.
- Go to the Snapchat account portal using this URL: https://accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/delete_account
- You can access this page from Snapchat.com. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Support.”
- Head to “My Account & Security.” Click “Account Information”
- Select “Delete an Account”
- Enter your Snapchat username and password.
- Enter the security code sent to your phone number that is linked to your account. Click “Submit”
- Enter your username and password again.
- Click “Continue,” and your account will be deactivated.
Remember, if you want to reactive after you deactivate your Snapchat account. Log in within 30 days.
Everything is restored to normal. You can also not change your password after deactivation; make sure to remember it you want to reactivate your account.
How Do I Permanently Delete My Snapchat Account?
Delete Your Account on Computer
It is very simple to delete your Snapchat account; go to the Accounts page:
- Head to the Snapchat home page and log in
- Click on Delete my Account
- Enter your username and password of any account you want to remove
- Press continue. Snapchat will deactivate your account for 30 days. Once you reach this time, it will permanently delete it.
- After Snapchat is deactivated, there are still 30 days for you to reactivate your account.
Log back into your Snapchat app using your username and password within 30 days if you change your mind. It can take up to 24 hours to reactivate your account.
How Do I Permanently Delete Snapchat Without 30 Days?
Snapchat reminds you of the following:
- While your account is deactivated, your friends will not be able to contact or interact with you on Snapchat.
- After 30 days, your account will be permanently deleted.
- Here, your account, account settings, friends, Snaps, Chats, Story, device data, and location data in the main user database will be deleted.
This means you can’t stop Snapchat and delete your account how to delete without going through the 30 days.
This is there in case you wish to reactivate rather than delete it. You also find there is no email address confirmation required for a permanently deleted account.
What they don’t disclose as much as the information they keep after you delete your account.
Deleting your account is as easy as leaving your account deactivated for 30 days. (Read Mass Delete Instagram Photos)
You may think this is simple, yet Snapchat does retain information and says it does this to meet legal, security, and business needs.
- Information shared by you
- Information obtained by using Snapchat, such as location, log, etc.
- Information obtained by third parties: Advertisers, any users you contact, and apps that link to the service
This means Snapchat is free to log any information they keep in any way they see fit. All this is done without user knowledge or permission.
It doesn’t matter if you wish to access Snapchat, delete or deactivate your account on Snapchat or any other social media. It is wise to use the best VPN in Australia.
By doing this, you are guaranteed all your data is safe between your device and its destination. Besides this, it stops the likes of Snapchat from putting a location on you for when they retain your data.
All you need to sign up for a premium VPN is an email address and which plan you want. It takes minutes, and you can do this faster than deleting Snapchat from your life.
Read more How-To Delete Guides