Pinterest is a sort of social media site that many users use to find inspiration for their other activities, be it for business or something personal such as design or art ideas.
The main function of the site is to display image tiles or Gifs to anyone who signs up.
However, the issues come because Pinterest, like other social media sites, harvests your data for their use or to pass on to others.
If you are among the many hundreds of thousands who wish to take back control of their privacy, you can learn here how to answer the often-asked question. How to delete my Pinterest account?
By the end, you will see how you can easily deactivate your account in case you change your mind and delete your Pinterest account permanently.
Close Account Temporarily on Pinterest
If you need a break from Pinterest yet not certain, you want to delete your account. You can deactivate your Pinterest profile and give yourself time to decide if you have had enough of your username, pins, and boards.
Deactivating your account keeps your information in the database, although all activity will be frozen until you decide to reactivate.
If you want to close your account temporarily, follow the steps below.
- To deactivate your account, sign in to open Pinterest; tap on your Profile button
- Tap the hexagon-shaped button if using the Pinterest app or the three dots in the upper top right corner of the screen if you are using Pinterest.com.
- Navigate to the “Edit settings” tab and scroll to the bottom
- Go to “Account Settings” on the desktop, and click “Deactivate account” button.
- When you click this link, Pinterest asks why you’re leaving. If using a phone or tablet, your account changes settings and will deactivate your Pinterest account right away.
- As this occurs, your account is unlinked from any Facebook or Instagram accounts you are connected to.
If you think you will lose all your account, just login to my Pinterest account from a PC, Mac, Android, or iOS device, and all your pins and messages are active.
If you deactivate your account as a temporary measure, you can re-enable it within 14 days if you want to log in to your account at this time.
However, if you don’t or forget, you will find that your Pinterest account is automatically deleted after 14 days.
How to Delete your Pinterest Account?
Here are the simple steps on how to delete a Pinterest account.
- Log in to Pinterest, click to open the main screen
- Click the three dots (‘…’) at the top right corner
- Tap Edit settings
- Click Deactivate Account at the bottom of the Account Basics
- Click Permanently close my account toward the bottom of the options
- Confirm you want to close your account. Pinterest send email to your email address
- Open your email. On the confirmation email, click ‘Yes, close account to confirm
- Your account will now be deleted from Pinterest
If you wish to restore your account, you can log in inside the 14-days to cancel the process. (Read Hulu Australia)
What Happens if I Close My Pinterest account?
When you close your Pinterest account, it will remove your pins, boards, and profile. It will also show your profile with suspended animation.
Delete or Archive Pinterest Boards
You can delete a Pinterest board if you’re positive you don’t want it. You cannot recover any deleted pins or boards, so make sure to remove them with caution.
Once you uninstall a row, all your pins on the board will be removed as well. (Learn How To Delete Posts On Instagram)
Archiving a board
- Log into your Pinterest account
- Click your profile picture in the top-right corner of your screen to open your profile
- Click the board you want to archive to open it. Click the three dots next to the board name
- Select Archive
- Click Archive a second time to confirm
- Sign in to your Pinterest account
- Click on your profile picture that is in the top-right corner. This opens your profile
- Click the board you wish to delete and open it
- Select the ellipsis icon alongside the board name.
- Select Edit board
- Click Delete in the bottom-left corner.
- Click Delete forever to confirm
Delete or Edit Pinterest Pins
You can also edit or permanently delete a Pinterest pin from your page if you no longer require it. Follow these steps in the app or browser.
Editing Pinterest Pins
- Log into your Pinterest account settings (this will open a new page window)
- Click on your profile picture in the top-right of the screen
- Click onto a board
- Click the Pin to open it
- Select the edit icon
- Edit the Pin’s board, section, title, description, or website
- Click Save to save your changes
Deleting Pinterest Pins
- You can open Pinterest, click to delete pins in the same way as you delete boards.
- Log into your Pinterest account (open a new page window)
- Tap your profile picture at the top-right of your screen
- Click a board
- Click on a Pin to open it
- Click edit icon
- Tap Delete in the bottom-left corner
- Click Delete Pin to confirm
Once you open Pinterest, delete pin or boards, you don’t have the same message sent to your email address.
If you wish to continue using Pinterest rather than delete Pinterest, yet you have privacy concerns, one of the best things you can do is use a VPN.
These encrypt your data, no matter what your communications, so no one can see. It may not stop Pinterest harvesting your data that you posts, but they do secure all your data to and from your boards and the platform.
Read more How-To Delete Guides