The world of Kodi add-ons is colourful and highly active. While new add-ons appear, there are as many old ones who vanish suddenly.
However, there are some essential add-ons you merely need to add to your Kodi. The top one of the pack is the Indigo Kodi add-on.
It should be noted before starting, Indigo doesn’t bring any content. It is purely a maintenance add-on that makes sure your Kodi runs at its best.
Easiest Way of Installing the Indigo Add-on to Kodi
How to set-up Kodi with Indigo is relatively straightforward, here are a few main steps:
Add the repository source you want to install. This lets Kodi know where to locate the add-ons you want.
Install the repo to access the add-ons.
Install the Indigo add-on.
First Step – Adding the source.
1. Open Kodi and make sure you are on the Home Screen.
2. Navigate to system settings by clicking the gear icon in the top-left of your screen.
3. Open the File Manager by clicking on the Folder Icon.
4. Click the ‘Add source’ option.
5. Click on in the ‘Add file source’ dialogue box type the following address exactly– http://fusion.tvaddons.co
6. Press Enter or click the OK button.
7. Now in the ‘Edit file source’ dialogue box where it says, ‘Enter a name for this media source’. Type in a recognisable name for the repo, such as ‘Indigo Repo’.
8. Click on the OK button below.
9. Wait for the confirmation box. Top of Screen.
10. Navigate to the File Manager. To confirm your changes have been saved, you should see a folder of the repo you added. It will have the name you gave it (Indigo Repo).
11. You’ve now added the Indigo repo.
Second Step – Install the Indigo Repository
1. From the Kodi Home Screen, select the add-ons menu on the left.
2. Click on the ‘Package installer icon.’
3. Click on ‘Install from zip file.’
4. Click on ‘Indigo Repository’
5. Click ‘begin-here’.
6. Select the plugin zip file. It says ‘program.indigo-.3.0.2.zip’. (numbers might change depending on version)
7. Click on ‘Install from zip file‘. Wait while you connect to the repository, download the ZIP file, and install it.
8. When done, you’ll see a notification box in the top-right corner saying the add-on is installed.
9. Now the Indigo repo is installed, we’ll install the Indigo Add-On.
Third Step – Installing the Indigo Kodi Add-On
1. From the Kodi home screen, click on the Add-ons menu
2. Select the Indigo menu item.
3. Several dialogue boxes pop up about initialising the add-on. If this is the first time running. Let it run before you see a dialogue box saying ‘Add-on required’.
4. This asks if you want to download the ‘tvaddons add-on repository’. Click on ‘Yes’.
5. Indigo Add-on for Kodi is now successfully installed
You can find the Indigo add-on by accessing your Program add-ons
What Can You Do with the Indigo Add-on?
Indigo is an excellent way for exploring add-ons easily and accessing technical information that might be handy when troubleshooting your Kodi.
The Config Wizard can be your automatic add-on installer Kodi 17 utilises with the best add-ons without any need for a complicated process.
You can spend hours browsing everything available in the repo, so we recommend using the easy Config Wizard.
1. When you select it, you’ll be asked for permission to install it:
2. Click Install to proceed.
3. You’ll see a dialogue box titled ‘Indigo’ and a progress bar.
4. Be patient and let it run.
5. Once finished, you’ll get a dialogue box telling you to restart Kodi.
6. Click ‘OK’, and Kodi will automatically exit. Just re-start Kodi again.
Indigo Add-on Installer
Indigo has a collection of add-ons for you. You’ll see add-ons such as USTVnow Plus, UKTV Play, and Newsy plus a few more.
Aside from these, you can browse for Video, Audio, and Program add-ons in alphabetical order. Kodi Skins are also available, so you can easily install any popular Kodi skins to change your experience.
Indigo can be the number one Kodi maintenance tool, and here you’ll see the storage space your cache, thumbnails, and packages take up. There is also the option to delete them. This is fast and easy to keep Kodi performing its best.
You can also enable automatic weekly maintenance of Kodi, allow auto-maintenance at start-up.
You can even delete all add-ons you’ve installed if you want to start again, or if you keep receiving Indigo error Kodi messages.
Securing Your Kodi
Although the Indigo add-on doesn’t stream any content, it can make the installation of add-ons easy, and it is, for this reason, it is highly recommended to make use of a VPN service for all content streaming.
Even without any Australian users consent, ISP’s (Internet Service Provider) are collecting and storing data of internet usage.
This means using Kodi to stream any copyrighted content could lead you to have legal troubles at some point.
Aside from this, ISP’s might block access to particular streams, this leads to Kodi errors. Or your connection is entirely blocked or throttled. This is why users of Kodi should need a VPN to keep their identity and privacy secure while streaming.
It is quite easy how to get a VPN that works with Kodi and supports the same kinds of devices. It just so happens to be the top rated VPN in Australia for this specific reason among others.
ExpressVPN has a straightforward download and installation procedure, and from there you are protected.
No matter how much your ISP or governing bodies wish to see what you are accessing, through secure encryption methods, they can’t see any content.
This is the very best way of accessing any geo-blocked content and making sure your Kodi experience is the best it can be.
With one of the largest VPN networks in the world, this VPN can help you stream content from anywhere, and best of all, it makes the Indigo add-on worthwhile using, no matter if you wish to quickly locate add-ons or do a spot of maintenance to your Kodi set-up.