Do you connect to Facebook every time you pick up your iPhone instead of what you intended to do?
Many individuals face this habit on a daily basis. Perhaps you still enjoy the social media giant, although you are more concerned about ongoing privacy breaches. Regardless of your reasoning, it’s easier than you think to break away from the platform.
If you’re unsure of the right path to take and are uncertain about deleting Facebook account altogether, it’s possible to take a break.
One thing you need to be aware of is that once you deactivate your account on Facebook, you will delete your entire profile.
As a result, any links, posts, or messages on your Wall will disappear for good. Here is everything you need to know before you delete Facebook account permanently.
How do you temporarily deactivate Facebook on iPhone?
If you think you need a break, it is easy to deactivate your account temporarily.
Here’s how to deactivate FB.
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone
- Tap in the bottom right of your Facebook account page
- Scroll down and tap ‘Settings/ Privacy,’ and then tap on ‘Settings’
- Tap ‘Account Ownership and Control,’ and then tap ‘Deactivation and Deletion’
- Tap ‘Continue to Account Deactivation,’ and now follow the on-screen instructions to confirm your action
Once you have done this, there are some things to note once you deactivate Facebook for iPhone.
- No one can see your profile
- Friends can see your name in their friend’s list (Only visible to your friends, and in their friend list)
- Any group admin may still see your name and comments or posts you made
- Some message or other information you shared with friends may be visible
As a side note, if you keep Messenger active, you can still chat with your friends here, your profile picture can be seen, and other individuals can still reach out and message you.
If you change your mind, you can log back into your Facebook account inside of 30 days, so you don’t delete your Facebook account permanently.
How do I Deactivate my Facebook Account on Mobile?
Here are the straightforward steps to deactivate or delete your Facebook account on mobile.
- Open your Facebook app on your iPhone
- Tap the menu icon toward the bottom right corner
- Swipe down towards the bottom and tap ‘Settings & Privacy’
- Tap on ‘Settings’
- Swipe down again and tap ‘Account Ownership and Control’
- Tap ‘Deactivation and Deletion’
- Choose ‘Deactivate Account’ and again on ‘Continue to Account Deactivation’
- Enter your Facebook password if it asks
- Enter the reason you wish to deactivate Facebook and tap on Continue
- Scroll down to select how long you want to deactivate Facebook
- Tap on ‘Done’ and then tap ‘Continue’
- To complete deactivation, Tap ‘Deactivate My Account’ to complete the process
How to Delete Facebook Account 2022?
If you want to know how to delete Facebook account altogether, you can use these steps.
- On your iPhone main screen, launch your Facebook app
- Tap on the Menu icon located in the bottom right corner
- Swipe down until you reach the bottom and then tap Settings & Privacy
- Select the Settings option
- Swipe down and then tap Account Ownership and Control
- Select Deactivation and Deletion
- Choose the option to Delete account then tap Continue to Account Deletion
- Check the options to deactivate Facebook or archive your posts
- Select Download if you wish to save any data before deleting Facebook
- When you think you are ready, you can tap Delete Account
- Enter your password to confirm account ownership then tap Continue
- Select Delete Account and finally confirm you wish to delete Facebook
If you select download data, then this can take up to 90 days before Facebook account delete finalises everything. If you are unsure, you still have the 30 days, which you can use to log back into your account and stop the deletion. (Read How to Deactivate Facebook Messenger)
Change Your Facebook Privacy
If the reason you decided to delete your Facebook account, is because of security issues. It is possible to tighten up your security rather than ending your Facebook.
- Launch the Facebook app
- Hit the menu icon in the bottom
- Swipe down to Settings and Privacy
- Select Privacy Shortcuts
Read the various privacy and data settings. You can adjust any settings listed to your liking, such as location and face recognition.
One other way to bolster your online security all over is to use a VPN for Facebook. Once you choose a different location in the VPN app, it hides where you are besides encrypting all your data communications.