Once you begin surfing the web, you may notice frequently visited pages load faster and they appear to know who it is using the site.
The reason they do this is by retaining bits of user information for the next time you visit. It could make a difference to your browsing experience, although it does pose a serious threat to your online security and your privacy if anyone were to search on your device.
Here, you can learn how to delete cookies on Android and keep yourself safe in the process.
Should I Delete Cookies?
You can find three different types of cookies.
- Session cookie: Only stored as you browse and deleted as you finish (stored in browser memory folder)
- Stored Cookie: Track your online search preferences and collect personal information like name, username and passwords. They do expire after extended periods
- Third-party Cookies: Often known as tracking cookies. Collect data about your search and activity, and this info can be sold to advertisers.
Cookies are text and can’t install malware yet; it is best to delete them as they are a security threat on your phone; they do slow down browsers and more besides.
Where Do I Find Cookies on My Android?
If you use Google Chrome or a Chromium-based browser, then these instructions will clear cache Chrome and most browsers in use.
- On your Android device, open the Chrome app or your alternative browser.
- In the top right, tap on ‘More.’
- Tap History and then select ‘Clear browsing data.’
- Select a time range (To delete everything, make sure to select all time.”
- Check the boxes next to “Cookies and site data” and “Cached images and files.”
- Tap Clear data
How Do I Delete Cookies on My Samsung Galaxy?
If you are using the Samsung browser, you may find it a bit different than clearing cookies in Chrome or Chrome-based browsers.
Note: Once you clear cache and cookies site data, you may find you need to log into various websites again as it will wipe your autofill account details.
- Tap on the menu icon at the bottom right of the screen
- Tap on Settings
- Tap on Privacy and Security
- Tap on Delete browsing data
- Select the parts of your data you want to delete
- Tap Delete
How Do You Delete Instagram Cookies on Android?
Because you aren’t in the browser, you have to do this differently. It is just as easy as any other way to clear cookies and site data.
- Navigate to Android Settings.
- Select Apps & Notifications.
- Look for your Instagram app icon.
- Tap on Storage.
- Tap Clear Instagram Cache.
While you can enable or disable cookies on your Android device, there is another way you can help prevent anyone from tracking you online without repeatedly the need to clear phone cache.
Using a VPN service can make these cookies have information that doesn’t relate to your location. Add to this, the encryption they offer can stop anyone seeing what your online activities entail.
Doing this allows you to use your Android Phone anywhere without worries. No one can see where you are or what you are doing.