On an iPhone, the Apple ID controls more than you may be aware. You can see this if you are overseas and want to download an app and the App Store says the app not available in your country.
Reasons for this are that Apple want’s users to have a method of payment and billing address in the country that is accessing any of their services. Hence the need you may need iTunes change country, or you may need to know how to change country in app store?
Another reason may be that there is content you know is in another region, and you can’t gain access.
With all this in mind, you can learn here how to change Apple Store country so that you can gain access to the apps you require.
What Happens if I Change My Apple ID Country?
Apple will warn users they may lose access to content or apps they may have purchased in any of their Apple Stores in a given country. Such a situation occurs after you move a registration or Apple ID to another region.
Unless you already downloaded such things before changing your method of billing to an address in the new country, you can have an issue.
When you change your Apple ID and the location of your App Store to another country or region, you will first discover many of the apps, games, and other digital content inside the various stores may be different. Depending on your country’s location, each store may come with additional or less specific content.
Before changing your Apple ID, you will have to use up your credit, cancel any subscriptions and provide a valid payment method for the new country.
Here are a few more things you need to know before changing your Apple ID country.
- Spend the balance you have left on your Apple ID.
- Unsubscribe from all subscriptions, for example, Apple Music, then wait until the period of your subscription ends.
- Allow for the completion of memberships, pre-orders, rentals of movies, or season passes.
- Allow for the processing of any outstanding refunds of store credit.
- Verify you have a payment method for your new country or region.
- Re-download apps, music, movies and TV shows to any device which you can enjoy or read them in the future. The reason for this is that some content might not be accessible in the new country or region.
Where Do I Go to Change My Apple ID?
Here are the easy to follow steps when you want to change country or region
- Tap on the settings icon
- Navigate to your Apple ID account page and sign in
- Scroll downwards until you come to your Account section
- Click on ‘Edit’
- Inside the Country/Region menu, Tap country/region and select the new one
- If the page asks you wish to change country or region
- Click ‘Continue to update’
- Enter a new payment method and your new billing address
- Click ‘Save’
How Do I Transfer My Apple ID to Another Country?
Here you can follow these straightforward steps to change your country. You can use these to do so without possibly needing to use a credit card as a method of payment.
- Launch the ‘Settings’ app on your device Home Screen
- Tap on the ‘iTunes & App Store’ Tap on your ‘Apple ID’
- Tap on ‘View Apple ID’
- You may have to login or authenticate yourself by entering your password or with ‘Touch ID’
- Tap ‘Country/Region’
- Select any region you wish, here we will use ‘United States’
- Tap on ‘Next’
- Tap on ‘Agree,’ and it is here you accept Apple’s terms and conditions
- You can now ‘Enter’ or ‘Skip’ your payment details. Select ‘None’
- Now, you can enter any random name, street, city and phone number.
- The ‘State and Zipcode’ must match to each other. (Example: State NC – North Carolina, Zip 28027)
- Tap to proceed with your new country or region
How Do I Change the Country of My App Store?
The main reason any person wishes to know how to change app store country is so they can access and purchase from iTunes app. Depending on the home region, you may find iTunes contains much less content than another iTunes app store.
The US iTunes will have much more than iTunes in Australia, and you may find prices are also cheaper.
Here you can find the steps for country or region app store country change on various devices to enable you to access another iTunes app store.
Steps to change country or region on iPhone & iPad
- Open the ‘Settings’ on your devices home screen
- Tap your name, and go to iTunes & App Store, tap to open
- Tap on Apple ID, followed by View Apple ID. Login if needed
- Tap Country/Region.
- Tap to change your Country or Region.
- Tap the new country or region and select the new country or region
- Accept the terms and conditions
- Tap Agree in the top right corner
- Tap Agree once again to confirm
- Select your new payment method followed by your payment information and billing address
- Tap Next to continue and finish
Steps to change region on a computer
- Open the ‘Music app’ or the ‘iTunes’ app
- In top menu bar or top of iTunes window, click on ‘Account,’ then select ‘View My Account’
- Sign in with your Apple ID, followed by ‘View Account’
- Inside the account info page, click on ‘Change Country or Region’
- Inside the ‘Select country or region’ menu
- Enter your chosen country or region
- Accept the terms and conditions
- Select Agree, and then click Agree again to confirm
- Add your new iTunes or Apple Music payment method and a new billing address Click ‘Continue’
You can find a way around the Apple ID country-based limits if you can maintain payment methods in two or more countries. If this is feasible, you can set up separate Apple IDs for each, and thus use the content via those IDs.
Using this method, you may need to login to gain access to a store, yet this is a minor step.
One thing you do need to be wary of is that Apple can restrict the switching of stores and ID’s to once every per 90 days on any device after certain features are used inside iTunes. Downloading or watching movies, TV shows, and music the main ones.
Affected devices include iPhones, iPads, and Macs, as well as subscriptions or apps from Apple for Windows and Android. Apple Music and iTunes the main ones here. If you have an Apple TV, these may be exempt, however, with these switches; your device may still show you are in the wrong country.
You can use a premium streaming VPN, then any Apple device will have a new location IP address, and thus, there may be a reduction of issues with accessing any store in another region.
You can quickly go to app store change country, and your Apple TV can then go directly to a wealth of new content you were not able to access previously.