If you are a PS4 gamer, you find the need to change your country at some stage or another.
Once you see each PS store region and the PlayStation Network comes with different apps and games. You may think you have a unique gaming experience waiting for you.
However, you will quickly see that each of these stores can be region-locked, and your side of the PlayStation Network differs from another.
Because of this, you can’t merely download a new game, as it may not be available in the other store. Besides this, each store comes with its own payment methods, and you may need to resort to gift cards for your PSN account.
Depending on the PS store you wish to access, you can find some offer easy access to streaming platforms like the US PS Store. Here you can discover HBO Go, Hulu, US Netflix and others.
Here you can learn all you need to know about how to change the region on PS4, and thus change app store country of residence to access the PlayStation store of your choosing.
Is My PS4 Region Locked?
A PS4 is technically not region-locked. Although, Sony recommends your disks and console are in the same region to avoid issues.
Also, when creating a PSN Online ID, it typically connects to your PS4 console region.
If you have any games made for other regions, you may have a chance they work OK. Also, you may face problems that stop them from working.
Nearly all 2K games, or PSN online and DLC functionality, won’t work if you try to play a disk from one region on another region PS4.
PS4 games aren’t region-blocked. However, DLC links to your home store, and you may find the PSN online ID from one region won’t log in to PSN when abroad.
How Do I Check My PS4 Account Region?
The region of your PS account and your PlayStation Store are the same.
To find out what region your account is linked to, you can follow these simple steps that take you through account management:
- Sign in to your PlayStation Store by selecting (Sign In) from the top right of your screen
- Select your (Online ID), and you can see your (Storefront Country) in the dropdown.
- You should now see your registered PlayStation Store country displayed in the (Country/Region) field.
Can I Use My PS4 in Another Country?
Once you get around the different store issues, you will find you can use your PS4 in other countries.
One of the main issues being the socket, and it may mean you need to purchase an adapter. A voltage converter shouldn’t be required as the PS4 has a 100v to 240v power supply or your new PS4 regions. (Read Unblocked Discord)
Besides this, a PS4 isn’t region blocked as a device. All you need to do is determine how to change the app store location for your different region.
How Do I Change My Region on PS4 2020?
The biggest hurdle you will find is changing your PSN country region; PS4 users can quickly overcome this.
Here’s all you need to know how to change the PS4 region and without giving away your email address. In this example, we will use the US PSN region as it is one of the biggest.
- Create a New PSN Account for the US
- Navigate to the PlayStation website
- When adding information for your new PSN account, select the US in the country or region section.
- Once set, you can’t change it for this new PSN account
- To set the location for the USA, enter California for the state and 90210 for the zip
- Once you create your new account, you’ll receive a message to your email address confirming the info.
Create an Account on PS4
- To create your new PlayStation Network account on PS4, log out of your current PSN account.
- Select ‘Create a New User.’
- Follow the instructions listed above to set up your new network account.
- You need a PayPal account or credit card to complete the PS Wallet. Unfortunately, the PSN gift cards are region-restricted.
- To access the American PSN, you need American gift cards.
- Luckily you can find the right Gift card type on eBay and Amazon, or other online retailers. Just make sure, whichever store you use, you have the right gift card to add funds.
Unblock Geo-Restricted Content on PS4 with a VPN
Once you create a new account, you need your PSN account to offer you the games and services you can’t access from home.
It is, after all, the main reason to create a new account. However, you need to add a VPN service to get the most from your new user account and the new PSN region.
When you use a VPN, all your traffic is encrypted, and as you go to access your online PS stores, they can’t tell if you are in Australia or the US.
With this, you can easily access the store and when using a VPN. Also, the services that check your IP address, such as BBC iPlayer or Netflix, won’t know you are not in their country, and you can access these streaming services.
One great thing is that your ISP won’t see you are streaming and will not slow your connection as a result. If you see how well a VPN can protect your online identity, you will feel safe. Yet, for any gamer, they will be delighted they can gain access to many PlayStation games not available previously.