Many individuals signed up to Foxtel Now to catch great shows such as Game of Thrones, Chernobyl, Watchmen and others.
However, there comes a time when the shows on offer may dwindle, and the appealing plan doesn’t appear that appealing any longer.
Others may think the Binge streaming services a better option; it can offer much the same and is far cheaper. Now, there are swathes of individuals calling it a day for the month-to-month Foxtel Now platform.
One issue a few have is how to cancel Foxtel subscription. In our guide, you can learn all you need about cancelling and how to get Foxtel Now help if you should need it.
Can I Cancel Foxtel Now Anytime?
Foxtel Now is a month-to-month subscription service that you can have with no lock-in contract. You are free to change or cancel a Foxtel subscription any time you desire.
To cancel Foxtel Now follow these steps:
- Log in to your Foxtel Account.
- Click Cancel Subscription.
- Click Yes, cancel.
- Select a reason for cancelling from the ‘Deactivation Reason’ drop-down list. Select the most used device from the ‘Device Most Used’ drop-down list.
- Note: You can leave further feedback in the ‘Any Extra Comments’ field if you wish.
- Click ‘Cancel my membership.’ You receive a confirmation message displayed on your screen informing you that your account has been cancelled.
You will be able to watch Foxtel Now until the end of your current billing cycle.
To find the date your service will end, you can ‘Go to My Account’, and the date will show. Also, you will have your confirmation email detailing the last day of service.
If you wish to commence with the service again, you can do so. Cancelling Foxtel is much the same as pausing the service.
If you want Foxtel Now back again, it is easy to reactivate using your previous Foxtel Now username (email) and password. For more information, see Reactivate Foxtel Now. (Find out the Difference Between Foxtel Go and Foxtel Now)
How Much Does It Cost to Cancel Foxtel?
Foxtel bills users for services in advance; thus, your final bill could include:
- Overdue charges if there is outstanding on your previous bill
- Early termination fees apply if you were in a contract when you disconnected
- One-off charges include installation fees or purchases from the Foxtel Store
- Part-month charges apply if you changed your package before disconnecting
- Any unrecovered equipment fees.
- You should be aware, unrecovered equipment fees (supplied set-top box) will only be applied to an account if the equipment isn’t returned. It can be billed up to 3 months following disconnection.
If the above doesn’t apply, and you have paid everything, you’ll have a $0 final bill. For further information, you can head to the Foxtel Bills and Payments page.
Early Termination Fees (or ETF) are fees for cancelling a TV subscription while in a contract. Such early termination fees are applied to recover lost costs to Foxtel when you cancel early.
A maximum fee of $300 can apply and is pro-rated based on the number of months on your contract.
How Do I Contact Foxtel Now?
If you can’t find the help you need on the online support, you can get in touch with Foxtel Support.
Here are all the ways you can contact Foxtel Now Help: Please note, the opening times listed form Foxtel Support are in Victorian local time.
Text Message Support
You can send an enquiry via text (SMS charges apply)
0408 346 733
TV billing, account and Foxtel First enquiries
- Monday to Saturday: 9 am-7 pm
TV Technical Support
0408 326 429
- 7 days: 7:30 am-midnight
Package Change and Upgrades
0408 305 702
- Monday to Friday: 9 am – 9 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 10 am-8 pm
Call Foxtel Now Contact Via Phone Support
New customers: 1300 130 799
- Monday to Friday: 9 am to 7 pm, Saturday: 10 am to 6 pm
Existing customers: 1300 557 023
- Billing enquiries: Monday to Saturday: 9 am to 7 pm
- Package change: Monday to Friday: 9 am to 9 pm, Saturday and Sunday: 10 am to 8 pm
- Tech support – TV: 7 days, 7.30 am to midnight
- Tech Support – broadband and home phone: 7 days, 24/7
Can You Cancel Foxtel Now Free Trial?
If you have a Foxtel subscription, you can see why many individuals are changing to Foxtel Now or another streaming service. Streaming services are becoming more flexible, and you can even access many from overseas if you use the best VPN in Australia.
With a set-top box from Foxtel, you are limited when you can watch, and if you have early termination fees on your plan, it means you are tied in longer than you need be.
Before you pick any bundle on Foxtel Now, you can use the available free trial. however, should you wish to cancel this, you can go through the following to make sure you cancel and don’t pay anything toward products or services that are available and charged on the next billing cycle. (Read Current Putlockers)
At the end of a free trial period, billing automatically starts based on the pack you selected. If you selected the top plan to get all the best content, you’d be charged accordingly.
Please note, monthly Foxtel Now service fees are charged to your nominated card in advance and based on the plan you select. You will find these commence on the day after your trial period ends if you don’t cancel.
If you find Foxtel Now is not what you expected, head to your account and cancel online in the My Account section before the final day of your trial period. They will then close your account on the final day. (Learn How Much is Foxtel Go)
A VPN for Australia will offer a money-back guarantee. You can use this like a free trial and test it from outside the country for streaming Foxtel Now on your free trial. Pair the services at the right time, and you can have great TV at zero cost.