As the streaming war battles on, Netflix still rules by the number of countries you can find. With close to 200 countries where Netflix is available, this means there is some diverse content you won’t find in your home country.
While it sounds ideal for accessing one of these other catalogues, you can’t do this right away as Netflix put a ban on accessing other country’s TV shows and movies.
Not all of it is the fault of Netflix, yet this doesn’t help viewers who wish to connect to a different library.
Luckily, even with the streaming giant being available in nearly every country. You can find how easy it can be to access another country using a popular streaming VPN to change your IP address.
By the end, you’ll see how to change Netflix to American version, or any other country you decide there are shows and movies you wish to watch. All this is risk-free with a money-back guarantee.
Can You Change Netflix Settings?
Some apps let you change the countries you can access; however, there is nothing in the Netflix settings that will allow you to change the region or be able to watch other country’s content.
Settings you can change are:
- Multiple profiles – similar to parental controls. You can set an account for kids for access to Netflix content of a certain type.
- Parental Control – Select from Little Kids, Older Kids, Teens, and Adults.
- Playback Settings – Set data use per screen. This will affect the quality.
- Subtitles – Foreign-language movies and TV shows.
- Netflix Communication – Follow all the news
- List Order – You can change the order from manual to Netflix suggestions
- Mobile Settings – Change how devices work with Netflix for playback on Wi-Fi Only, Save Data, or Maximum Data.
Unfortunately, there is no magical Netflix region changer inside the menu. For this, you need the right tools for the job to work with Netflix, and a free VPN isn’t one that will access any Netflix libraries.
How Do I Change My Netflix Region Without a VPN?
For a vast majority of streaming devices, such as PCs and laptops, it is straightforward to use a VPN for accessing Netflix content.
You sign up and install the client software or the VPN client. From this point, you can take advantage of all the privacy, security, and geo-restriction unblocking properties to access Netflix in different countries anywhere around the world.
However, there are devices that don’t support VPN’s. Games consoles being a good example.
You could use proxies several years ago, yet these no longer work. You can even obtain a proxy error from some second-tier VPN’s who also stop working with Netflix in the United States from overseas. (Find the Best VPN for Australia)
To access Netflix without a VPN, you can use a Smart DNS, although these need to come from the virtual private network (VPN) that still accesses Netflix. Free VPNs don’t offer these functions, and if they do, they are just out to capture your personal data.
Any user who doesn’t need security from a VPN to access the internet can use a Smart DNS. These can mask your IP and thus your location when watching Netflix in a different country.
However, only part of your connection is redirected when you want to watch Netflix, and your ISP can still see what you are accessing.
If there was any advantage over a VPN connection, it’s just the smaller reduction in speed you could experience.
How Do I Change My Netflix Region on My Phone?
Because so many individuals use phones for watching the latest TV show because they are easy to use. There is a need for a VPN that unblocks Netflix library in any country you want.
To change the region on your phone, you can use the following instructions. While slightly different, this is a generic guide and is almost identical for the top two VPN services that unblocks Netflix American version.
- Download and install the VPN app from the Play Store. It is a free download, though you will need a subscription.
- Open the VPN app on your Android or iOS device.
- Tap ‘Start Free Trial.’ Some of the top VPNs offer a free trial on mobile devices
- Enter your email address.
- Tap Start Free Trial. After your 7-day free trial, you can purchase a paid subscription or cancel before the seven days are up. You will have to submit your payment details when signing up.
- Tap’ OK.’ This continues the process and sets up your VPN connection.
- Tap OK once you see the pop-up. This allows the VPN app to set up new VPN connections on your mobile device.
- Tap ‘Smart Location,’ or another title is given for the VPN to select the optimum VPN server.
- Select a server in the country you want (most often, a VPN server in the US for the US library of Netflix.
- Tap the Power icon on your screen. When not connected to the VPN, you have a large power button in most VPN apps that show red or green if connected.
- When green and connected to an American server, you can open your Netflix app. You should see the library default to the best of streaming services.
How Can I Watch US Netflix in the UK?
When you want to know how to change the region on Netflix from the UK to the USA, it is quite straightforward. However, not all VPNs can perform this task because of the geo-restrictions that are in place. (Read Netflix Alternatives)
The Netflix geo-block actually covers every country where the streaming platform is available. Thus, to gain access, you need a VPN that has a large number of servers and also extensive coverage of countries.
One example is the top streaming VPN has servers in 94 countries, and in each of these, it can access Netflix content by bypassing the restrictions.
Netflix makes it easier for subscribers to sign up for an account in your home country. If you are in the UK, you create a UK Netflix account; if you live in Australia, you create an Australian Netflix account, and so forth. (Read Watch On My Block Online Free)
Following on, once you have your account, you can use a premium VPN to access any Netflix region, although some VPNs perform better than this.
Here’s a more in-depth look at how you can change the Netflix region using a VPN.
What a VPN Does
A VPN enables you to connect to a server in another country from your computer. If you browse the web, or in the case of accessing Netflix US, you appear to be inside America.
VPNs take user IP addresses and change them with one from another country. Because of this, your location will be masked from when your connection was last updated. (Find the Best Free Australian VPN)
VPNs also secure connections to keep all your data secure and private. Because ISPs can’t see what you are doing, they won’t throttle your connection as you connect to Netflix.
Here are the simple steps you need to follow to unblock Netflix in the UK or any other country.
- Choose a premium streaming VPN. (You can sign up and use the 30-day money-back guarantee most top VPNs offer)
- Head to the VPN homepage and check any latest promos
- Register and subscribe
- Download, install the VPN client
- Start the VPN client and log in with your details; they send in your confirmation email
- From the country list, select the USA
- Click on ‘Connect’
- Head to the Netflix site and log in to your Netflix account. It should show the US content now you have a US IP address.
If you have problems with your VPN to change Netflix region, the best VPN to unblock Netflix library has a customer support team that is most often 24/7 with live chat.
The best VPN services try to make things as easy as possible when accessing Netflix libraries.
It can be very easy to change your Netflix region, so long as you are using a VPN that has a reputation of bypassing the restrictions and is well known to give access to Netflix.
Many of the best VPNs offer a certain amount of simultaneous connections so that multiple users can change their IP address and access Netflix libraries or other streaming services.
Of course, you can try and change your Netflix region without worrying you are paying for something that doesn’t work. The 30-day money-back guarantee makes sure you can test all the features, and customer support if needed, to access Netflix US. (Read our ExpressVPN Review)