One of the hottest shows for all Sci-Fi fans has been aired earlier this year. With season 2 of Love, Death and Robots planned, lovers of the show are eager to get their fill of re-runs. However, this isn’t so easy to do in Australia.
The show is a US Netflix exclusive, so there is a need to access this to watch Love, Death and Robots online.
Luckily, this can be easier than you think, so this guide will show all you have to do to watch this animation anthology.
Firstly, we will look at what the show is and why it receives so much acclaim.
What is Love, Death and Robots?
The anthology is taken from the best animation studios around the world. It was brought to the TV from the minds of David Fincher and Tim Miller, who between themselves have produced some remarkable movies.
Between the two, they have given viewers Fight Club, Se7en, The Social Network, Benjamin Button and many others.
With Miller being executive producer, he has worked with Miller to deliver a re-imagining of the 1981 science fiction animated movie “Heavy Metal.”
The short stories, each of around 15 minutes in length, have taken inspiration from many areas, and some of the fight scenes are on par with anything you can see in “The Battle of Winterfell,” in Game of Thrones, or computer-generated scenes in “Avengers Endgame.”
The work that has gone into some of the episodes uses new techniques as well as old ones. This can be seen in Beyond the Aquila Rift, lifelike characters, or the more traditional animation of Good Hunting.
Netflix and Love, Death and Robots
It wasn’t just the Love Death series, which was a breakthrough, Netflix, were accused of showing the episodes in different orders depending on sexual orientation.
They denied this; however, you can find the shows play in a different order where you access Netflix.
For fans, as long as they get all 18 episodes, they will be happy. Now, this is what we will look at. How to watch Love, Death and Robots episodes in Australia.
Because Love, Death + Robots is exclusive to American Netflix, we need a way to bypass any restrictions that are in place.
Luckily, there are a couple of things that help with this. First, any user with a Netflix account will find they can access content from any Netflix library if they are in that region.
Second, a VPN service is the only way to make it appear as if you are in the United States. (Read Coronation Street Catch Up)
These virtual private networks cover all odds and bypass any restrictions that are in place. It should be noted, not every VPN can do this reliably.
Netflix continually checks IP addresses, and even then, some VPN’s get caught and blocked. Even a few VPN providers gave up trying to access US Netflix.
Love, Death and Robots, Netflix and a VPN
Larger VPN companies have thousands of VPN servers. Our recommendation being ExpressVPN has a large number of servers inside the USA.
Even with the checks from Netflix, it isn’t a problem because this VPN allows you to change the city for your connection. If Netflix blocks a New York server, you connect to a Los Angeles server. It is straightforward.
Doing this from Australia is no harder, and although your connection is further away, it will still look like you are in any city you choose.
To change your region or city only takes five simple steps. This allows you to access Netflix in or from any country.
- Create a Netflix account if you don’t have one
- Sign up for a VPN (ExpressVPN recommended), or login into your VPN if you subscribe
- Change to a server in the country you wish to watch Netflix. In this example, the USA
- Head to the Netflix website. It will automatically connect to the site of the country you select in your VPN client.
- You can now enjoy watching Love, Death and Robots.
Signing Up to US Netflix
These simple steps show how to get American Netflix in Australia. It is recommended to have a VPN in place before to save from facing any problems.
- Make sure your VPN client is running, and you change the country to the United States.
- Navigate to the US Netflix website. It will think you are in the US here.
- Click “Join Free for a Month.”
- Select your plan. Basic, Standard or Premium.
- Click “Continue.”
- Create your account by entering your email address and password.
- Click continue
- Enter your payment details. PayPal, credit cards or Netflix gift cards can be used.
- Click your preferred plan.
- Select “Start Membership.”
- Enter your mobile number for password recovery
- Select your devices. You can add different users here. Click continue.
- Select three shows for display preferences.
- Your Netflix account is now active.
Signing Up for a VPN
To sign up for the best VPN in Australia is easier than the above.
- Navigate to the ExpressVPN website and Click on ‘Get Started.”
- Select your plan
- Enter an email address
- Select your payment option
- Receive your confirmation email with links to apps for your devices
- Download and install
Once you do this, you are fully protected. One final thing to note is this VPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can sign up in conjunction with your Netflix sign up (one month free).
Do this together, and you can watch Love, Death and Robots online free before deciding if you wish to cancel or not.