Although Skype isn’t as visual as many other instant messengers on the internet, you can still find you need to know how to block someone on Skype.
Once this happens, you may find you no longer wish to block someone and want to unblock them. Here you can learn how to block or unblock a contact you want to stay away or speak to again. (Learn How to Delete Skype Account)
How Do I Unblock Someone on Skype 2021?
How to block someone on Skype
- Open your Skype app on your computer.
- Click either your ‘Contacts’ tab or the chat of any person you want to block. Click the contact’s name
- Click the contact’s name at the top of the screen. Scroll down and select ‘Block contact’
- Select ‘Block’ once you see the pop-up window
How to block a phone number is as easy as selecting the block + the number link to block that particular number.
How to unblock someone on Skype
- In your Skype desktop app, click your profile picture, and click ‘Settings’
- Click ‘Contacts,’ select the scroll bar and scroll down to select ‘Blocked contacts’
- Click ‘Unblock button’ beside any contact you wish to unblock.
How Can I Unblock my Skype Account?
To unlock your account, you will have to enter a security code. Microsoft will send this via text message to your phone.
The phone number to receive the text doesn’t have to be associated with your account and doesn’t even have to be your phone number.
Follow these steps to unlock your account:
- Go to https://account.microsoft.com. Sign in to your locked account.
- Enter a phone number and request a security code.
- Once the text arrives, enter the code into the web page.
- Change your password to finalise the unlocking process.
You may find you need to do this if another website leaks your email address.
How Can I Unblock Someone?
The methods to manage blocked contacts and unblocking contacts on Android and iOS are almost identical to PC and Mac methods.
- Tap your profile picture at the top of the Chats screen.
- Select Settings
- Tap Contact list
- Select Blocked Contacts
Find the Skype contact in your blocked users who you want to unblock. Tap the Unblock button to the right of the contact list.
What Happens When You Unblock Someone on Skype?
A Skype block can be reversed, which is lucky. Should you change your mind regarding blocking someone or decide to give them the benefit of the doubt and a second chance, you can unlock them from the Privacy Settings in the Options box. (Learn How to Watch On My Block Season 2)
Anyone who is now unblocked can see you when you’re online and message you as if before the block.
It can be easy to find you are blocked, or you wish to keep yourself safer online. Using a VPN with Skype is a great way to keep messages or calls private and confidential with military-grade encryption. (Read Best VPN for Australians)