When you want the best content to stream, you don’t need to look further than Genesis for Kodi. It offers plenty of movies and TV shows to satisfy any avid movie buff.
The new version though Genesis Reborn, was created from a fork when the old Genesis Kodi add-on stopped working. Now all the code has been updated, and this version of Genesis works.
Kodi movie streaming has been faced with a major clampdown. ISP’s have blocked access, or they have throttled connections where they find Kodi being used, making the experience more of a heartache than an enjoyment.
There are ways around this which will be explained later, but first, we will see how to install Genesis on the latest Kodi.
We will use one of the best Kodi repositories to find the Genesis add-on to access it quickly.
- The first step you need to follow once you have installed and launched your Kodi download is to select and click on the Settings Icon, located in the top left corner of the home screen.
- Now navigate to the “System Settings” – “Expert Mode” and select “Add-ons.”
- Be sure to enable ‘Unknown Sources.’ Otherwise, you won’t be able to install third-party add-ons. (Kodi blocks these by default)
- A warning will be displayed but select and click “Yes.”
- Now navigate back to the Kodi home screen, and select the “Settings” icon.
- Once this has been selected, go to the “File Manager” and then “Add Source.”
- Now select “None.” and then type or copy/paste the following URL/path without the quotes “http://jesusboxrepo.xyz/repo/”
- Below you can name it ‘JesusBox’ and then select and click “OK.”
- Navigate back to the Kodi homes screen and select Add-ons
- In the top left-hand corner, select and click on the Package Installer Icon
- Select the “Install from Zip file” option
- Now choose and click on “JesusBox.”
- After this, select the repository.jesusboxtv.zip and click to install it.
- You will need to wait a few minutes until the add-on enabled notification is displayed.
- Now select the Install from repository option
- Select the “JesusBox Repo” option to open it
- Select and click on “Video Add-ons” – “Genesis Reborn” and then press to install
- Now, wait a few moments until the Genesis Reborn add-on enabled notification is displayed.
- Now navigate back to the Kodi homes screen and select the “Add-ons” tab located in the left-hand column.
Whatever the best Kodi add-ons you install, including Genesis Reborn, will appear in this location.
Genesis Not Working
On some occasions, Genesis might kick you out and return to the home screen when you’re scrolling through the menus. If this happens, all you need to do is begin searching further down the list.
Two other reasons why Kodi Genesis not working might be:
Themoviedb.org was the primary source of Genesis, where it takes all of the information to display to users about the movie or TV show they have selected.
The MovieDB made a change to an API which prevented Genesis from accessing this information.
This was more likely to be found on the old Genesis, so the new version should work without a hitch unless they change another API.
Another location also changed one of their API’s. Real-Debrid made this change at the beginning of the year, so the new version of Genesis should work okay.
Another reason Genesis might not work is that content it is attempting to access is geo-locked, and no version of Genesis will access this without the following solution.
This isn’t anything to do with the Genesis add-on; the content or the streaming sites are causing the problem. (Read Plex For Kodi)
If you are new to the Kodi experience, you might not be aware of the clampdowns on the third-party add-ons.
This is due to many allowing access to content that is illegally streamed. For this reason, it is highly advised any Australian Kodi user makes use of a VPN service such as NordVPN.
This option is not the best for Kodi because it only gives average download speeds, and if you attempt to connect two devices to the same server, you need to dive into the settings and change a protocol on one device.
Another VPN option users might choose is CyberGhost VPN, and this again doesn’t offer the best speeds for Australian users.
Another letdown is that this VPN has no Netflix compatibility, so any streams that come from this popular location won’t be able to be viewed.
The best option for Kodi users in Australia should cover all of the following:
Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: Lots of Kodi add-ons can only be used in specific regions. With the best VPN, you can bypass regional borders.
- ISP Throttling: Have you ever noticed your Internet speed is okay browsing websites but drops if you’re watching videos online? If this happens, your ISP might be throttling your Internet connection speeds. Using the best VPN allows you to avoid this from occurring.
- The best in ultimate privacy: A world-class VPN adds an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities no matter what you do, and they also don’t retain logs.
- A broad range of VPN Applications: You don’t have a computer whiz to set up your VPN connection. The best VPN provider is user-friendly for VPN for Kodi box and apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick, and your home routers.
There are many VPN’s in the marketplace, and many are okay, but Australia brings its own quirks, which affect a lot of these VPN’s.
Experienced Kodi, Plex, Netflix or users who partake in torrenting opt for something like ExpressVPN to meet all of their needs. This caters well for any Australian home and isn’t weak in any area compared to other options.
This VPN is the number one choice around the globe, and you can see this from any VPN reviews conducted.