CCloud is another top-rated unofficial Kodi add-on which will give access to thousands of TV Channels from the US and the UK among other areas.
This add-on provides a one-stop source to go for all of your favourite TV shows. We will take a look at how you can install cCloud TV channels for your device.
It also offers the best to gain access to TV shows which are unfortunately geo-blocked from Australian users.
The Basics of cCloud TV
This IPTV add-on provides broad access to streaming Live TV channels. These can include the following among many:
- Cartoon Network
- Discovery Channel
- And many more.
Worldwide radio stations from around the globe can also be tuned into using the cCloud add-on.
Installing the cCloud TV Kodi Add-on
How to add cCloud to Kodi, is straightforward. But, because it is a third-party add-on, you precautions should be taken to protect your identity in using this, or any other Kodi add-ons.
You should also make sure “install third-party add-ons (unknown source)” is enabled in the systems menu.
Installation Steps for cCloud TV
Here are the simple steps on how to get cCloud on Kodi.
- Go to the Kodi home screen and select the System Icon in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- You will have a few options but Click on the File Manager option.
- Select and double-click on the Add Source option.
- Click the option in the new pop-up box.
- Now you need to enter a path for the cCloud TV repo. So, type or copy this link http://kdil.co/repo/ into the box and click on OK.
- You’ll now be asked to enter a name. Type Kodi Israel then Click on OK.
- Return to the home page and select the Add-on option.
- Click on the package installer icon (a box icon). Then Select Install from ZIP file.
- You will see a few files added but just Click on Kodi Israel.
- Now Select the Kodil.zip and wait for the notification. This will be in the top right of your screen.
- Now Select the Install from repository option.
- Select the Kodil Repository.
- Click on Video Add-ons.
- Navigate to the cCloud TV Kodi option and click on it.
- Click on the install button to successfully add the cCloud add-on.
Using the cCloud TV Add-on
With the best Kodi add-on for TV installed, you can browse through the cCloud that give you access to the full range of content contained in the CCloud TV app.
Some of the sections are listed here, but it is by no means comprehensive:
- Top 10: Exactly as it says the Top 10 streams
- Various Categories: Niche categories like documentaries, entertainment, movies, music, and so on.
- On-Demand Movies / Shows: Streaming a TV channel means accessing its live stream. So, if you want a specific title, use either of these two categories.
- 24/7 Channels: Another new feature. In practice, it works by combining live streaming and on-demand. You pick a show and tap into that live stream.
- Radio: This goes without explanation.
- Non-English / International: The final option is non-English TV channels.
- Announcements / Read Me / Server Status: Here you can check the status of different servers to see if there are any issues with streaming TV channels.
- All Channels: Includes more than 2,000 links. Not all work but most do.
- FilmON: Here you can watch FilmON movies and TV channels. These come from small studios, so no blockbusters here.
- English: Most Kodi users look for TV from the USA and UK, this is a quick way to see what’s on offer.
Get the Best from cCloud TV with a VPN
The cCloud TV add-on is unofficial so your Aussie ISP will be retaining your browsing data. This could be handed to any agency which might be interested in copyright infringement Aussie users are taking part in.
Aside from this, you can also see content might be geo-blocked when you browse the cCloud TV guide.
To stop any ISP from seeing what you are doing while browsing or using Kodi and either cCloud TV or any other add-on, it is advisable to use a VPN service.
The best VPN’s for Australian users should provide the following:
- Compatibility with a range of Kodi devices. Kodi runs on many platforms from PCs to purpose-built media boxes, Amazon FireStick’s, Smartphones and Smart TV’s to name but a few.
- Fast speeds and reliability of the connection. Australia is way out of the way, a vast server network and robust connections are required.
- Security while providing a no logging policy. User privacy is a top concern. No DNS leaks should occur no matter what platform is being used.
- Ease of setup and use is crucial. A VPN should be secure as soon as it is installed.
Although there are lots of VPN’s in the marketplace, they don’t all provide what they offer. Many also lack the size of the network to make sure Australian connection speeds are high enough to prevent cCloud TV shows from buffering or stuttering.
Private Internet Access VPN is a popular provider, but when it comes to Australia, it leaves a lot to be desired.
It is a US based company, comes with limited features, and customer support is lacking, or restricted to North America. (24/7).
Another top contender is NordVPN which is a higher level of provider. But although it does offer plenty of features and high security, it has links to the US and worst of all for Aussie homes is its connections speeds suffer badly at a great distance.
The best VPN for Kodi box, Smart TV’s, Computers and Home routers is ExpressVPN. It covers everything you need from installation, and the company go out of the way to protect user privacy.
They also make sure they have minimal downtime, and their 24/7 365 live chat is a rare alternative to many other competitors in the VPN world.