Ever since stories because a thing on social media, their use has exploded beyond all proportion.
Such Instagram stories add more levels of engagement not previously encountered. Instagram’s efforts to better stories make it one of the most popular consumed content formats in use.
Instagram Stories last for 24 hours, and the maximum duration of each story is 15 seconds. It is possible to share stories publicly, privately, or with close friends.
It enables you to add stickers, effects, and other enhancements. Now, as these stickers have progressed, there are many you can add to your Insta stories, and one of the most popular being the music sticker. (Learn How to Delete Instagram Account Permanently)
Instagram offers a massive collection of music you can select a song from. Any song plays for a minimum of 5 seconds to a maximum of 15 seconds per story.
The questions are, how to put music on Instagram story, and what happens if you don’t have the option to do this?
By the end of your guide, you will learn all you need to know about how to add music to Instagram videos. You will also see how you can get around the restrictions that prevent you from seeing a music sticker.
Why Can’t I Add Music to Instagram Stories?
For some people, there may not be the chance to add music to an Instagram story. The key reasons are here:
You live in a country, and the feature isn’t yet available. You can find music enabled on the Instagram app in more than 90 countries.
Lucky countries began with Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, Sweden, the UK, and the US.
- However, because Instagram is sticking to copyright law, it can be disabled in some countries.
- You are using an out-of-date Instagram app. You may need to update Instagram on your Android or iOS devices.
- You’re attempting to share branded content. With copyright laws and Instagram’s advertising policies, you can find you can’t add some music to your Instagram branded content ads.
- Instagram has licensing agreements to the music you can include in a live video. However, you don’t have limits on adding music to an Instagram Story.
Add music to Instagram Story using the Music Sticker
Here’s the steps on how to get music on Instagram photo or video:
- Tap the + icon at the bottom or long-press the profile picture. Select Add to your Story
- Select an image or video you would like to add to your story.
- Add filters, text, and everything else you wish to add to your story.
- Now, to add stickers to your story, select the music sticker icon on the top (it looks like a smiley face).
- You can choose one or more, yet here we focus on the Music sticker.
- Tap the Music sticker, and Instagram’s collection of music will open. You can select any song you want. You can search using the search tab or search for songs based on several criteria.
- Next, you can choose the part of the song you want to play in the background. You can tap the play button to hear a preview before adding.
- Also, you can change the duration of the song from 5 to a 15-second maximum. If lyrics are available, you can customize the appearance in six ways.
- After selecting one of the different options, you can post your story by clicking Your story or selecting Send to – Your Story at the bottom of the screen.
- Make sure to preview it first in case you need to change the music option.
Many users often start the songs at the start of the chorus. (Read Does Instagram Work In China)
Add Music to Instagram Story If You Don’t Have A Music Sticker Icon
Open any music streaming app. Spotify or Apple Music is ideal, depending on your device.
Start playing the song you want to use.
As the song plays, navigate to Instagram and start to record your story. Music playing on your phone is integrated into the video. Using this method, you can’t add dynamic album covers or live lyrics.
If you use this method, you will discover that Instagram will check the story for copyright infringement. If any is detected, it removes the sound from your video. (Learn How To Delete Instagram Posts)
How to Manage Stickers
- Pin stickers to a fixed spot in videos. After taking your video, add a sticker, then tap and hold. Using the slider bar at the bottom of the screen, you can scroll through videos to the part or section where you want to pin the sticker. Move your sticker, then tap Pin.
- Rotate and resize a sticker using two fingers to pinch and zoom.
- Delete a sticker by dragging and dropping it to the bottom of the app screen.
If you happen to be outside any country where the music sticker option is available, you can use a VPN on your device. With this, you can set a connection on a new server inside one of the popular countries where Instagram stories and stickers are available.
A VPN will take your IP address and give you a new one, so anyone will see you are in another location. You should then be able to start your Instagram and add music to your photo or video in the way you intended before you post it.