Netflix has a massive amount of TV shows and movies to watch. Many remain there forever, and some are taken off or added regularly.
Besides this, some users want to watch the latest episodes of the favourite TV shows as they are on the road.
Thus, Netflix allows users with an account to use the built-in video downloader option, and download Netflix videos available to download for later viewing.
In our guide, you can learn how to download TV shows and movies, and download Netflix movies using the Netflix app to watch later.
By the end of this guide, you can also see how it is possible to download Netflix videos and keep them forever.
However, this isn’t an authorised means, and you would require a third-party Netflix video downloader to download Netflix video. (Learn How to Watch American Netflix in Australia)
Can You Download Netflix to Your Computer?
To watch Netflix offline, you can download movies and TV shows using the Netflix app. Here is what you need to know to do this without a Netflix Video downloader.
Find and Download Netflix Movies and TV Shows
- Open the Netflix app
- Select Menu
- Select “See What You Can Download, Find Something to Download, Find More to Download, or Available for Download,” depending on your device.
- Select a TV show or movie.
- On the description page, customise the output and click the download icon (downward facing arrow) to download Netflix video.
- To watch Netflix TV shows, the downward-facing arrow shows next to episode available.
- Use the Video Downloader option over Wi-Fi internet connection to save data
Watch Downloaded TV Shows and Movies from Netflix
The best way to download and make sure you have access to downloads; it’s recommended you stay signed in to the Netflix app.
- On a Windows PC, open the Netflix app and select the menu icon – My Downloads.
- Find the title you want to watch and select the play button
- For TV shows from Netflix, select an episode and click the Play button for each episode you want to watch.
- Downloaded TV shows and movies can be watched on the device you used to download them and viewed from any profile in your account.
- Downloads expire after a certain period and have limits on the number of times they can be downloaded
- Once done watching, delete any finished downloads from your device.
Why Can’t I Download from Netflix On My PC?
Not all TV shows and movies are available for download on Windows 10. If you don’t see the Downloads icon for any Netflix Movies and TV shows, there could be a problem with your device, or the feature isn’t supported on your device.
- There are reasons why not all titles are available for download.
- Content rights are exclusive to another company.
- The rights are not available to purchase from the content provider.
- Considerations for popularity, cost, seasonal or localised factors.
- Some TV shows and movies are produced with a studio who owns the
- franchise or intellectual property.
How do I download Netflix onto my laptop?
- Set up a Netflix account.
- Download the Netflix app for Windows 10 operating systems.
- Log in to your account.
- Adjust your playback settings.
- Search for and find the movies and shows you want.
- Select the output path
- Click the download button for offline viewing.
- Set quality preferences
- Go to the menu icon to the left of the program screen.
- Scroll down to App settings.
- Click “Video Quality” under Downloads.
- Select Standard or High.
How do I permanently download Netflix movies?
- Netflix has restrictions on Netflix downloads:
- You can download 100 titles at most on a single device.
- There will be a limit to the number of Windows 10 devices you can have downloads.
- The maximum number of devices is equal to the number of screens you can stream Netflix on at the same.
- Maximum downloads on one device mean you’ll need to delete downloads before you can download to another device.
- Netflix downloads are only available on the device they are downloaded.
- Netflix downloads can only be watched using the Netflix app.
- If a subscription expires, downloaded titles are no longer available to watch.
After you download a title, you are limited to your watch time. Titles expiring in fewer than seven days displays the time you have left. Some titles can expire in 48 hours after the first play. You can see the hours left on the Download page. (Learn How to Watch Netflix on Kodi)
Titles no longer available on Netflix expire as they leave the service.
If you ask can you download Netflix movies on your laptop and keep them? Netflix content is in the NFV format. It is this that stops you from keeping rights reserved for Netflix downloads permanently.
If you can convert NFV to MP4 format with a video downloader, you can keep your Netflix downloads.
Flixicam video downloader is one of the most popular ways how to download Netflix movies on the laptop. (Read Alternatives To Netflix)
- HD Quality: Support downloading in High-Definition Netflix video quality.
- Audio Tracks and Subtitles: FlixiCam supports to preserve audio tracks and subtitles of original videos
- Multi-language Audio: Keep multi-language audio tracks and select the audio track you wish to listen to
How to Download Netflix with Flixicam
- Type the video’s name or copy, paste the Netflix video URL to the search box, and then press “Enter” button on your keyboard.
- Click the setting button on the upper right corner to customize the output settings: video quality, audio track and more.
- Now, go to the “Advanced Download” window by clicking ‘Download’> ‘Advanced Download’ when trying to download a TV show, or tapping the “Menu” icon beside ‘Download’ when downloading a movie, to select specific audio track, subtitle and video resolution.
- Simply click the ‘Download’ icon to start downloading.
Be sure you need this video downloader or any other. With this video downloader, you only get 2-days money back guarantee and then a monthly charge of $19.95 after a 1-month free.
It is also wise to use a VPN when you are downloading videos to watch offline. You can get content you could typically get so that you can expand your video library.
Besides this, if the use of any third-party software causes issues, then a VPN hides your IP address and encrypt your data. Thus, you are out of sight, and nothing can be traced back to you. (Find the Best VPN for Australia)
A VPN also lets you access other streaming services besides just letting you watch Netflix from another country.