SBS, the Special Broadcasting Service, is an Australian public broadcaster.
It is one of Australia’s top five free-to-air TV networks, and it is SBS On Demand, the company’s video streaming service.
This means that every Australian in the country can watch their favourite SBS programs anytime and for free. (What Is SBS On Demand)
Users have thousands of hours of new TV shows, documentaries, movies, news, and sports they can get on Google Play Store for Android and download on the app store for iOS.
Here you can learn more about how you can take part in watch on Demand SBS streaming. You can also learn how using an ad-blocker can impact and may be preventing you from loading videos.
If you can do an SBS on Demand download to access the service on your great device or the related using an ad-blocker issue would ruin your experience.
Is SBS on Demand Free?
The SBS on Demand app is totally free to anyone who lives in Australia and has an Aussie IP address.
They need this to connect to the service for an SBS on-demand download. If not, they may receive an error preventing them from loading data from the site outside the country.
You can immerse yourself in more than 11,000 hours of shows and series from around the globe with SBS On Demand.
You will find a varied choice of highly regarded dramas, documentaries, comedy, movies, sport, the news, and much more with SBS online.
All this is available to stream anytime and anywhere. All you need is to create a free account use it through your browser to get the best of the SBS on Demand app. Download on the app store for other devices such as Android and iOS, and now with SBS on Demand Chromecast support. (Read Best Shows On SBS On Demand)
However, you will find related issues when using an ad-blocker. This may be preventing you from loading videos. Try turning it off or whitelisting to get to know us and reloading the page settings.
Can I Download SBS on Demand?
SBS On Demand is only a streaming service, so downloading videos to a personal device or a hard drive isn’t possible like it is with some other services.
It is possible to get it on Google and download it on the App Store for Apple. Here you find a description of the app and what it contains.
It also details that if you get it on Google and download it on the App Store for iOS, you need to pay particular attention to your mobile provider and data consumption as it is streaming only.
If you run out of data, this may be preventing you from loading videos you wish to watch on your device.
Another thing that can be preventing you from loading videos is the use of an ad-blocker.
How Do I Get SBS On Demand on My TV?
Some users need a little assistance when they come to get it on Google, and they try to download it on the app store for their TV. (Read How to Change App Store Country for Google Play)
If you find yourself needing a little help setting up your smart TV, we have some simple instructions before looking at the errors you may face.
- You’ll now need to sign in to access SBS On Demand. Navigate to https://www.sbs.com.au/
- Click on ‘Sign in or create an account to begin your account creation
- Enter your email address and tap on next
- You are sent a link to your chosen email address.
- Follow the instructions for signing up or signing in
- Once you log in/create an account, the smart TV automatically logs you in.
Depending on your setup, you may see a couple of different errors on your TV screen.
Here are the more common playback errors you may encounter.
- Are you using an ad-blocker? This may be preventing you from loading videos. Try turning it off or whitelisting our website before reloading the page.
- Video Playback Error: Sorry, we’ve encountered an error playing this video. If you have an ad blocker turned on, try turning it off or whitelisting our website before trying again. This may prevent you from loading videos.
- I think I have an ad-blocker; how do I disable it? We will need you to turn off any ad blocker extensions or whitelist our website in any of your blocking extensions before reloading the page for our videos to play.
Whitelisting our website and reloading the page settings will not leave your computer at risk of any security issues.
Neither will be turning off your ad-blocker, which prevents you from loading videos as it is an ad-supported service.
How Do I Update SBS on Demand App?
Many users love to get it on the Google Play store when it is available for their device.
However, once they receive the “This may be preventing you from loading videos. Try turning it off or whitelisting our website before reloading the page” error, they may think something is wrong.
All this means is you may have an of the date on demand SBS app that won’t let may be preventing you from loading videos.
All you need to do is update your app if the related reloading the page settings doesn’t do any good. It could be you are using an ad-blocker, and SBS on Demand doesn’t like this.
However, here are the steps to download on the app store for your TV rather than get it on Google.
The update affects older model Samsung TV.
You will need to remove the old SBS Demand app and get the new version from the Samsung apps store.
Here are the steps.
- On the home screen, head to SBS on Demand and select ‘Remove.’
- Back on the Home Screen, navigate to and select ‘Apps.’
- Select search in the top-right corner
- Search for the new SBS on Demand app
- Click on Install to start your device SBS on Demand download; after reading about the new update.
Once installed, you can watch available content using the latest related app for on-demand SBS content.
One thing with this service is you can watch it from outside the country with a VPN. Install your VPN and then select an Aussie based VPN server.
You can sign up or sign in from any country you have an available connection. One good thing about using a VPN is that even if you get the “Are you using an ad-blocker? This may be preventing you from loading videos. Try turning it off or whitelisting our website before reloading the page” error. (Read Watch BBC iPlayer Online)
Your VPN uses military-grade encryption, so you will be safe when not using an ad-blocker; this may leave you open to trackers. VPN’s mask your location and identity, so trackers can’t find you.