Even gaming consoles now offer a variety of streaming apps. PlayStation has more streaming apps than other game systems.
You may download all of the streaming apps that support the device from the PlayStation Store. In addition, you may take a break from gaming by using streaming apps to watch popular video titles.
Although PlayStation supports several streaming apps, you may ask, can Kodi be installed on PS3? Unfortunately, Kodi has yet to be released for the PS4 and PS3.
Kodi is still unavailable on the PlayStation Store, and there is no way to install it via a workaround.
Plex can be installed on your gaming console as an alternative. Plex allows you to accomplish everything that Kodi allows you to do. Plex is one of the greatest Kodi alternatives.
In our guide, you can learn how to get Kodi for PlayStation 3, or as close to, can you put Kodi on PS3 as possible.
By the end, you’ll see there’s still a fantastic way to get high-definition videos on your PS3 when taking a break from playing high-definition games. (Learn How to Use 1Channel Kodi Addon)
Can You Put Kodi on PlayStation?
You can’t install Kodi on PS3, and there is no way you can sideload or use a workaround to do so.
The only way you can do this is to use a third-party application (Plex) to download Kodi for PlayStation.
Plex uses the same functionality as Kodi. In addition, it allows organizing your video collection, from music to photographs.
Since the Kodi application is not available for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, the developers of Kodi are still working on releasing an official version of Kodi for PS4 and PS3.
Luckily, there are alternative methods available to access the features of Kodi on PS3 and PS4 devices.
On PlayStation consoles or other gaming consoles, a Plex account can access Kodi features.
Plex can carry out the functions Kodi can. Follow the procedures outlined below to use Plex to access Kodi features on PlayStation consoles.
Install Kodi on PS4 and PS3 Gaming Console With Plex
As mentioned earlier, Kodi isn’t available on PlayStations, yet you can use the Plex application to access the functions that work the same way as Kodi.
Plex is the best alternative to Kodi, and the recommendation is to wait until you can install Kodi on PS3 or have Kodi on PS4 natively. Until then, use Plex App on PlayStation to access all the functions and features it offers. (Learn How To Install Exodus On Kodi)
Steps to install Kodi features with Plex on PS4 and PS3
- Start your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4 console and open PlayStation Store.
- Find the search bar at the top of the screen.
- On the search bar, type Plex and tap the search button.
- In the results, open the official Plex App and download it on your PS4 or PS3 console.
- Wait for the Plex app to download onto the PlayStation console. Once downloaded, the Plex app will be installed automatically on your console.
Once you carry out the installation with these mentioned steps, there are some steps to carry on the Plex app as if you were installing Kodi app.
- Start the Plex App from your TV and Video tab.
- Once you open the Plex application, create a new user account. If you have Plex app, use your login details to access the app.
- For a new account, the app generates a capp and it will provide a new link for you.
- Using this link, you are redirected to Plex Home page. Enter the given code and a notification pops up for “App Linked” on the PS4 or PS3.
- The app then shows a big error message saying IMA SDK can’t be loaded and it could not connect to a media server.
- Next, you need to download and install Plex App on your Android smartphone.
- Open Plex App on your Android phone and enter the login details.
- Go to the Plex settings option on your phone then enable Show Camera Roll, Network Discovery, and Media Server.
- Now connect your Android smartphone and PlayStation on the same network.
You can now access media and movies from your Android device to your PS4 & PS3 using your Kodi alternative.
Kodi is available for most operating systems like Android, iOS, Windows, and Linux and many more.
But PlayStation is not a platform that you can use Kodi PS3 on. The security measures on a PS are pretty tight, so the developers have been trying but little luck.
How do I install Android apps on my PS3?
Luckily, there are alternatives waiting as Plex falls in the same category as Kodi PS3.
Here’s how you can install it.
- Start your PlayStation 3 and go to the PlayStation Store.
- The “Apps” option will be visible on the Home screen.
- Select the “Popular Apps” category and scroll through until you find a ” Plex ” app its description page by clicking on its symbol. The download button is located beneath the app’s icon.
- You must click it for the download to begin. It will be installed immediately app’s the download is complete.
- Create an account if you don’t already have one from your PC.
- You will receive a code and a link after logging in.
- Visit the link and log in with your account information.
- Click “LINK” after entering the code. You’ll get a notice that says “App connected.”
- Install Plex from the Google Play Store on your Android device and sign in with your Google Account.
- Go to the system menu and select Settings. Network Discovery, Show Camera Roll, and Advertise as a Server should all be enabled.
- Connect the PS3 and your Android device to the same network,, and you’ll be able to access your Android device’s media files on the PS3.
Now, this is the closest you can get to Kodi on PS4 or Kodi PS3 download. Luckily, the Plex app doesn’t lack in features and makes the best Kodi alternative there is.
How Do You Set Up Kodi On Xbox?
Any Xbox user will be happy because the Xbox was the place where XBMC or Kodi app came from. (Learn How Much Data Does Kodi Use)
You can install Kodi directly on your Xbox. Follow the five steps to install Kodi on Xbox One.
- Launch Xbox One.
- Hit the Search button.
- Type Kodi in the search box and hit the Kodi icon.
- Hit the Get button. Kodi will be downloaded and installed automatically onto your Xbox. Just wait until the Kodi app finishes installing.
- Click Launch to open Kodi, access the internet and play games or watch movies.
How Do I Put Kodi On My iPhone?
- On your home screen, tap the Cydia symbol.
- Go to the “Search” tab.
- In the search field, type “Kodi” and select the Kodi version that corresponds to your device.
- Select “Modify” from the menu.
- Select “Install” from the menu.
- Select “Confirm.”
- Touch the “Return to Cydia” button as soon as it displays.
- Once you’ve finished, you’re done! Kodi v19.3 Matrix for iOS should now be installed.