The Walking Dead is a post-apocalyptic horror series written for AMC. It comes from the same-named comic book series and tells the story of Rick Grimes (Lincoln), who wakes from a coma to find his world very different. (Learn how to Watch AMC Australia)
Zombies or Walkers have taken over, and a group of survivors has to take on the fall of humanity and fend the walkers as well as any hostile communities who are themselves trying to survive.
The action is non-stop, and fans are keen to go back over old episodes before season 10 recommences in the New Year to watch Walking Dead around the world.
Here, you can learn the best way to stream the walking dead online where it is available. First, a quick look at information on the show and the cast.
Walking Dead Cast and Episode Guide
- Melissa McBride – Carol Peletier
- Danai Gurira – Michonne
- Lauren Cohan – Maggie Greene
- Andrew Lincoln – Rick Grimes
- Chandler Riggs – Carl Grimes/
- Josh McDermitt – Eugene Porter
- Christian Serratos – Rosita Espinosa
- Seth Gilliam – Gabriel Stokes
- Norman Reedus – Daryl Dixon
- Episode 1 Lines We Cross – The Oceanside group continues to train for the
- Whisperer’s return.
- Episode 2 We Are the End of the World – Flashbacks reveal the origins of
- Alpha and Beta.
- Episode 3 Ghosts – A Whisperers’ threat returns
- Episode 4 Silence the Whisperers – Alexandrians are angry over the
- Episode 5 What It Always Is – Supplies vanish from Hilltop
- Episode 6 Bonds – Carol and Daryl go on a mission
- Episode 7 Open Your Eyes – Carol pushes boundaries to make Daryl uncomfortable.
- Episode 8 The World Before – Tensions rise in Oceanside
- Episode 9 Squeeze – A figures out how to escape a situation.
- Episode 10 Stalker – A group defends Alexandria
- Episode 11 Morning Star – Communities decide whether to run or fight.
- Episode 12 Walk With Us – The Whisperers attack Hilltop
- Episode 13 What We Become – Michonne takes Virgil back to reunite with his family.
- Episode 14 Look at the Flowers – Heroes and villains deal with the Hilltop fire
- Episode 15 The Tower – Survivors deal with the Whisperer’s display of power
- Episode 16 A Certain Doom – survivors prepare for a potential battle
Can I Watch The Walking Dead on Netflix Australia?
It isn’t possible to watch any of the Walking Dead episodes on Australian Netflix as the show isn’t available in this library. You will also see it isn’t available in many other Netflix libraries, either.
There is an option for Foxtel Plus & Netflix, which is $55 per month, though watching the show on-demand or as new episodes air on Foxtel isn’t strictly watching it on Netflix.
What Channel is the Walking Dead on in Australia?
The main home of The Walking Dead in Australia is Telstra/ Foxtel. One downside of this is that the Foxtel Telstra offering is more expensive than other streaming options.
You will need to consider your internet provider as you can bundle Foxtel services with Telstra or Optus for Walking Dead streaming online or using a set-top box. You also get to stream the latest episode on Foxtel on two screens at one time on this plan.
Is The Walking Dead on Any Streaming Service?
If you have a VPN, you may access the US Netflix catalogue for most of the series. There are currently season 1 to 9 available, where you can get your fill of Rick Grimes.
All you need to do is install a VPN and set the server to a US-based one, and connect to Netflix as you normally do. On occasions, you may need to clear any cookies to make sure your location doesn’t point to Australia. (Read Foxtel Play High Definition)
Where Can I Watch All Seasons of The Walking Dead?
When you want to know where can I watch The Walking Dead, you can come closer to home.
Foxtel Now also offers another way to access many TV shows, movies, and, most importantly, Walking Dead streaming. The base plan for this Foxtel no contracts service provides a 10-day free trial and then costs $25 per month.
Both of the Foxtel and Binge services offer you the chance to watch Rick Grimes in Walking Dead season 1, season 2…and Rick Grimes passing in Season 9 and see more.
Foxtel Now supports iOS and Android mobile devices, PlayStation 4, Google Chrome on Windows and Mac, Telstra TV, Chromecast, and Apple TV via AirPlay.
Binge is indirectly owned by the Foxtel group and has taken quite substantial amounts of the network’s content and TV shows. Just add some basic information and your email address, pay and you are good to go.
Binge has the advantage over Foxtel of being a far cheaper alternative and offers a 14-day free trial. With an affordable $10 per month for the basic plan, the other two streaming plans are $14 for a standard subscription and $18 for a Premium subscription.
Binge lets you stream seasons one screen at a time on basic, two streams of any seasons at one time on the standard. You also get four screens at one time for any movies or any new season on the Premium plans.
If you sign up for the basic plan, you get a standard definition, yet there is lots of device compatibility. You may increase your plan for HD and more streams. (Find the Fastest VPN in Australia)
One other advantage with a VPN is you can watch any series and season, and your ISP won’t throttle your connection and induce buffering.