It is a wise choice to use a Chrome VPN for keeping your browsing activities private and your personal data protected. However, just because Google Chrome browser is hugely popular, it doesn’t mean it is the best browser on the market.
Likewise, there may be instances you need to change your VPN (Virtual Private Network) as you are not happy, you have conflicts, or the free trial has ended. (Read Kodi Sources)
Luckily, most of the time, getting rid of a Chrome proxy extension is straightforward; although there are occasions, not everything appears to be as easy as you expected.
In our guide, you can learn all you need to change proxy settings and disable the VPN server for your LAN when you are done with it. (Find the Best VPN Providers for Australians)
How Do I Disable a VPN?
Regardless of the reasons, it can be straightforward to remove a VPN extension in Google Chrome with a few simple steps in a few simple steps.
- Locate the Chrome menu icon, indicated with three vertically aligned dots on the right of the URL bar. Click, and then scroll down to “More Tools.”
- Hover over this, and to the left will be a sub-menu option called “Extensions.”
- Click this, and you’re taken to Google Chrome’s extension management page.
- Listed are all the installed extensions. On the bottom of each extension is a “Remove button.”
- Locate the option for your VPN and click the button.
- Google will check you are sure, so confirm you want to remove the extension.
- Click remove again, and Google does the rest
How Do I Temporarily Disable VPN?
Here are the additional ways you can disable a VPN depending on the device you’re using.
Disable VPN on Computer
- Click the start menu icon and type “Network Connections” (right-click on the Start Menu icon and select Network Connections from the menu)
- Select ‘Network Connections’
- Select your VPN icon, and click on “disable this network device” (or right-click and select disable)
Temporarily Remove VPN on Mac
- Select the Apple icon from the top left corner of your screen
- Select “System Preferences and Network”
- Select “VPN”
- Click on “Disconnect”
Disable VPN on Android
Most VPNs on mobile devices such as Android and iOS run via an app on your device. To disable this and fix a problem, you’ll need to access your VPN app setup. You can select disconnect or disable from here, and it will deal with any Chrome Proxy settings there are. (Read Does Discord Work In China)
When you uninstall a VPN app, it will automatically disable your VPN.
You can remove your VPN via the system settings, using the steps here
- From the app list, select “Settings.”
- Tap on Connections
- Scroll to “More Connection Settings”
- Select “VPN”
- Tap the blue settings gear wheel next to the VPN name
- Select “Delete VPN profile.”
Disable Internet Options for VPN on iOS
Most VPNs on iOS use an app. To disable this, access your VPN app, and tap on disconnect or disable.
When you uninstall your VPN, it will automatically disable your VPN.
You can remove the VPN profile by following the steps here:
- Select General
- Select VPN
- Toggle your VPN On or Off.
How Do I Disable Proxy on Chrome?
- Open Chrome in Windows 10, then click the menu icon in the top-right corner.
- Click Settings
- On the bottom of your screen, click Show advanced settings
- Under Network, click Change proxy settings
- This will bring up the Settings Window for Internet properties
- Click the Connections tab and then select LAN Settings
- In the Proxy server settings, uncheck the box that says Use a proxy server for your LAN, then click OK
Here you can find the steps to disable proxy settings for Chrome on Mac
- Click Chrome Menu in the browser toolbar
- Click on Chrome Settings
- To the bottom of the screen, click Show advanced settings
- Under System, click Open your computer’s proxy settings. This will open the Network Settings window
- In the Proxies tab, under Select protocol to configure, make sure to choose and uncheck every protocol
- Click OK
- Close the settings window to save changes
How Do I Change My VPN Settings on Google Chrome?
Google Chrome in Windows 10 uses the computer system proxy settings when it connects to the network. (Read our GooseVPN Review)
Should you change these settings, it will affect Google Chrome as it would for any other browser you decide to use. that connect to the Internet. To use a proxy in Chrome, you need to do the following:
- Click your Chrome menu on the browser toolbar
- Select Settings
- Click Show advanced settings
- In the “Network” section, click Change proxy settings. Doing this opens an Internet Properties window where it is possible to adjust any network settings.
- Click the Connections tab, and then click on the LAN Settings
- Under Proxy server, click to select the “Use a proxy server for your LAN” check box
- In the Address box, you need to type the IP address of your proxy server
- Your proxies will look something like this: PROXY_IP: PORT_NUMBER like, for example, 188.8.131.52:0000. Your IP address would be 184.108.40.206, and the four zeros would be your port number. When you see the Port box, you will need to type the port number used by the proxy server used for client connections. The default here is 8080.
- You can click and select the bypass proxy server used for the local addresses check box. If you don’t want the proxy server computer to be used when connecting to a computer on your local network, you do this.
- Click OK to close the LAN Settings dialogue box, and then click OK to close the Internet Options dialogue box.
- To be sure everything is working as it should, you can navigate to www.whatismyipaddress.com and check it will detect the IP of your proxy as yours.
Once you do this, you will unblock website proxy, and you can fix your issues or get ready to install a premium VPN you know will support all your needs and requirements. (Read our PureVPN Review Australia)
It is wise not to leave your browser too long without a VPN, or you will lose your privacy, and it can lead to larger problems later.